Sunday, 29 April 2012

Charity events coming up!

As you know I was born in Epsom Hospital also had my first work experience there at the tender age of 14 in the geriatric ward cleaning out bedpans and feeding patients.  I am a very keen supporter and campaigner for the hospital so it was a no-brainer to choose its own charity, Epsom Medical Equipment Fund, when deciding to enter the Round the Borough Walk 2012. I, along with many other people will be walking 20 miles on the 12th May in aid of our favourite charities.

The Round the Borough Walk joins up the beautiful open spaces in Epsom & Ewell including Epsom Downs, Epsom Common, Nonsuch Park, the Hogsmill and Horton Country Park.

The event starts at 8.30 am at Horton Country Park, which is one of my favourite spots for cycling and where I used to ride a lot as a child.


Unfortunately, with moving house recently I have not had a great deal of time, or any, to train for this walk so I am hoping that the Red Cross will be on hand with some dishy male nurses! I would appreciate though, your monetary support and would be very pleased for sponsorship or donations to Epsom Medical Equipment Fund.



Preparations for the Inter-party charity football match are going very well. and we have secured St Martins Junior School for the venue. Chris Grayling has very generously given up some of his time to give out the cup to the winning team. It would be great to see you there and any one wishing to help on a stand would be most welcome! We are also looking for volunteers to bake cakes that could also be sold for charity. Any contributions would be welcome just contact me at the address below!


No comments:

Post a Comment