Tuesday, 17 December 2013

Latest from College Ward, Epsom.

While I have lots of positive reports on Epsom Hospital Campaign I am also keeping a keen eye on College Ward's roads and any issues that may arise. This is especially important as our Liberal Democrat Borough Councillor, Anna Jones, has moved away from the area. Please feel free to email me if you have any issues that you would like to raise. I am always happy to help!

There have been lots of road works in the area and this has led to some congestion in some of the roads. The diversions on Burgh Heath Road due to road improvements have meant a temporary relief from some of the HGV lorries that use the road as a cut through. However, this is a still, in my view, a serious problem that both the police and local Council still need to address.

I have reported to the Council issues regarding road signs that have been damaged and the Council has assured me they will be fixed a.s.a.p. These include bollards and road name signs on Mospey Crescent.

Albert Road has issues with potholes and these have been flagged up to Surrey County Council who will be fixing them very soon!



Residential parking problems continue to cause difficulties both for visitors to relative's homes and to homeowners themselves. Until the RA led Borough Council address the lack of affordable parking for users of the town centre, and commuters we will continue to struggle with congestion.



I'd like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and restful holiday!



No comments:

Post a Comment